Do you have a social media strategy in place for your business?
Yes, you can (and should) not only be on social media but use it strategically to develop relationships with your clients, customers, prospects, build your business and learn from mentors.
Here are some important things you should keep in mind about Social Media:
2. It takes time and frequency to build trust in social media, just as in any relationship.
3. Join groups in all of your social networks. It’s easy and a great way to get to know what is important to your prospects.
4. Be ‘social’ and be yourself. Your posts will and should reflect the personality of your company. If you are not genuine, you won’t last very long.
5. It is okay for your customers to disagree with you. That’s why they call it “social” media. Why not have a policy in place now for how your company will deal with negative comments when they occur.
6. Listen to your fans, followers, friends, etc.! Pay attention to what they say. Some of the best product ideas, feedback and problems will come to you from your social media communities.
This season, make some time each week to learn more about social media. Make it your goal to learn one new tip or tool each week and follow/fan/friend one new person or business each week. If you stick to it, that’s 52 new things you will have learned by next fall and 52 more people/businesses you will be connected with – wow!