Getting your team on board with social marketing
You, the business owner, spend time and money ensuring your company’s facebook page is filled with great information; tips, resources, promoting your events, etc.
Why not get your team on board to help spread the word?
Here’s a simple idea, order lunch in on the first Friday of the month and have everyone bring in their cell phones and laptops (they’ll think you’re crazy at first – don’t we typically expect them to leave their devices at their desks for a meeting?!).
Then, have everyone visit the company facebook page and Like, Comment and Share some of the posts. It’s simple to do and only takes a few minutes but getting everyone involved in socially marketing your business has so many benefits.
- It can garner additional exposure for your business (through their connections)
- It reminds their friends and family what they do for a living
- It’s a fun, team-building exercise
- It’s also a great time to talk about any ideas they may have for posting:
- Are there birthdays in the office to celebrate?
- New clients to talk about?
- Successes stories to share?
- Did someone get a new puppy?
Remember, facebook is the perfect platform to share information about your business but also to give your ‘fans’ a little insight into what’s happening ‘behind the scenes’ in your office.
Sharing some social marketing time can be the start of a strong team environment as well as a smart way to grow your business.