But then, as the project winds down, we can often begin to struggle when we get to the last 10%. It could be for any number of reasons…
We may be tired from all that we have accomplished.
We may be running out of inspiration.
We may let self-doubt creep in.
Whatever the cause, it’s important to plan ahead for how to handle the last 10% of that project.
Here are some ideas:
• Make your deadline public (ie. share it with your social media followers). You wouldn’t want to disappoint your followers, would you?
• Talk to someone: a respected friend, a trusted co-worker, your boss. Explain the project to them and, in doing so, you may find the inspiration sparked again
• Take a short break from working furiously and do something physical. Use that break to take a walk, a run, or get in a quick work out at the gym. Do anything that will get the blood flowing and get you excited again.
• Read or listen to something inspirational. Have a favorite song? A favorite book? Depending on how you’re feeling jam out to some exciting tunes or make a cup of tea and read a section of a novel. (Did you know…research suggests that reading is the easiest and fastest way to de-stress?)
• Think about the amazing and positive impact your project will have on your clients, your fans, and/or your team. Write down how this will bring about such positivity, then post it in your office.
Oftentimes that last 10% is the most difficult, but also the most important. By planning ahead for that difficult hurdle, you can overcome it!